Friday 13 January 2017

2017 Book Stash!

I have these really great reference books with me now! 
Fantastic port of calls for inspiration and research. Can you believe the The Manual of Illustration Techniques cost me 1p plus £2.80 postage on Amazon? What a great buy. The book is slightly out of date but the information on techniques is second to none. It also has a section on Lino cutting which I am itching to try!
This is not the latest edition but managed to get this ex-library book from Amazon at just £2.81 including delivery! It has some great technique suggestions and tips. Some of it is quite basic but there is some new ideas I have not tried yet. The lino cut is the one I want to try!

I am tying to build my reference collection up, I really enjoy these books The illustrated Journey is an absolute diamond of a book. I thoroughly enjoy seeing how different illustrators work and getting to see in their own sketchbooks is gold!
I have not started How to be an Illustrator yet, but it will get viewed soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment